Sunday, May 15, 2011

I never got the chance...

The wind howls a cruel song, and the shadows creep about.
The sun burns into cancer, and the sky weeps away the drought.
I gaze upon the dreams that will never come to be.
They are left as nightmares that will never set me free.
My mind is restless creature, my anger only satisfied by immeasurable rage.
No matter how much strength I have I could never turn this page
I am left drowning in a chapter where all I see is my own face
There were three, now two, and now one heart begins to race....
Oh God!!! Why is this happening to me?
All I wanted was a good life for my son to grow up free.
I will walk this path alone. My soul a prisoner of shame.
There was nothing that I could say or do, the ending would have been the same.
I never got the chance to say I love you, that it will be okay...
I never got the chance to kiss your innocent face.

No comments:

Post a Comment